How to control and delete cookies
Cookies are small text files that webservers give to browsers to store on users machines. They are necessary as they enable the website to recognize requests as coming from the same browser and they can be essential for the operation of an application but they can also be used to track user behaviour.
List of the main cookies used on this website
This is a list of the main cookies set by this website, and what each is used for.
First party cookies
These cookies are set by the website itself and allows us (the website owner) to link the cookie with the website user.
- Website cookie - This cookie is used for essential website functionality, for example basket functionality may store a cookie on your machine to remember what was in your cart.
- Session cookie - This cookie is essential for site functionality. It does not store any personal information. A session cookie only lasts for the duration the user is using the website. A web browser normally deletes session cookies when it quits.
- Google Map Preference - These cookies are used to store the map position and zoom preferences.
Third party cookies
We sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube, Flickr, Pinterest. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from such services, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Our website does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
- Google Analytics - These cookies are used to collect information about how users use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve your experience. The cookies collect information in an anonymous manner, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
- Google Maps - These are used by Google to track how many people are using their Maps.
- Statcounter - These cookies are used by Statcounter to collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
- Social Sharing - These cookies are used by AddThis to provide different sharing options for the user. The cookies are present if there is a 'share' button present on the page.
- Twitter - These cookies are created by Twitter to let the site know if the user is logged in to Twitter. These cookies are present if there is a Twitter widget, Tweet widget or a Profile widget present on the page.
- YouTube - These cookies are used by YouTube to enable video embedding and playback on the site. The cookies may be set on pages with an embedded video.
Social Sharing Tools
Any site with a social sharing button may set a cookie when you are also logged in to their service. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
How to disable Flash Cookies
The Adobe website provides comprehensive information on how to delete or disable Flash cookies for all websites - see this page for details.
Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you for Flash based applications.