8 strips of lean bacon, thinly sliced
Extra Virgin Olive oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 good handful of fresh thyme leaves picked from stems
250G of kale, thick stems trimmed, leaves coarsely chopped
400g of Spelt wholegrain spaghetti or whole-wheat spaghetti
Salt and Pepper for seasoning
1 ½ Tablespoons of Ricotta Cheese
1 handful of grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a pan, fry bacon in a little olive oil until lightly golden.
2. Add the garlic and thyme and cook until softened.
3. Add the kale and Parmesan, stir and put the lid on the pan.
4. Cook for further 5 minutes stirring every now and again.
5. Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water until al dente.
6. When the kale is nice and tender, season with salt and pepper and add a dash of olive oil.
7. Toss the drained spaghetti into the kale mix.
8. Stir in the ricotta cheese.
Serve immediately and enjoy.
Tip: You can also dress the dish with pine nuts for a bit of extra crunch